Saturday, November 22, 2008

ALTERNATIVES WITH TEETH WHITENING

If you are interested in having your teeth whitened, there are NUMEROUS options available today, such as tooth pastes, whitening strips, whitening gels, etc. With so many options, it's no wonder why so many are confused and frustrated. Many Americans are spending hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars, trying out various methods and products to whiten their teeth. According to an October 2006 report by NBC's "Today Show", last year (2005), Americans spent more than $1.4 billion on over-the-counter whiteners! And, many of these consumers are not even seeing the results they want and deserve from over-the-counter methods.

VARIOUS ALTERNATIVES WITH TEETH WHITENING:

Dentist Supervised Gel/Tray: With a dentist-supervised at-home bleaching product, the dentist will take an impression of your teeth and custom make you a mouthpiece tray to fit your teeth exactly. Because it is customized to your teeth, there is maximum contact between the whitening gel, which is applied to the mouthpiece tray, and your teeth.

In-Office Bleaching: During an in-office bleaching, the whitening product is applied directly to the teeth by a qualified, professional dentist. These bleaching products can be used in combination with heat, a special light, and/or a laser. The light and/or heat actually accelerates the whitening process

Veneers: Veneers are thin, custom-made shells crafted of tooth-colored materials. These are designed by dental professionals to cover the front side of a tooth.

Over-the-Counter Gels: A non-customized thin mouth guard is used to hold a low concentration of whitening gel next to the teeth for a set period of time.

Brush-on Whitening: After brushing your teeth at night (or in the morning), this formula is lightly brushed on each tooth.

Whitening Strips: These are very thin strips (virtually invisible) that are coated with a peroxide-based whitening gel.

Whitening Toothpastes: Whitening toothpastes can help remove surface stains only and will contain hydrogen peroxide.

Bonding: With bonding, tooth-colored materials are applied by a dental professional, or bonded, to the tooth surface. Bonding can improve the appearance of teeth that are chipped, broken, cracked, stained, or have spaces between them.

Dental Crowns: A dental crown is a prosthetic tooth designed by a dental professional and is usually created by a lab technician. Teeth whitening resources

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Before, I really wish to have a whiter teeth and then I have tried organic or natural ways in whitening but it was never really effective then I go to my dentist at East Harlem dentists and thanks God I have made it. I can now smile so bright with my whiter teeth :)

Unknown said...

This is really great thank you so much for sharing i want to get some teeth whitening in Des Moines IA but i need to find an office first. Thanks again!

Dentistwinnipeg said...

Hi
Teeth Whitening results are really effective.It help you get rid of yellowish teeth. Recently, I have consult the teeth whitening toronto surgeon for the treatment and now have heathy beautiful smile.

Unknown said...

This is good to know! I have been debating whether or not I should get my teeth whitened at my Port Coquitlam cosmetic dentist office.

Unknown said...

I have a friend that works with the Ahwatukee Dentistry. He has great whitening tips. I will ask him if he could post some things on this blog!

Unknown said...

Great post! I've been looking for a dentist in Edmonton that can help me out with some teeth whitening. Do you have any suggestions?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anuj64 said...

There are many teeth whitening alternatives that may seem viable inexpensive alternatives but some are not efficient as they are long-lasting. Often people usually perceive whitening of the teeth is a simple process that one can just do at house and that a visit to the dental professional would be a waste of both money and time. However, any teeth whitening therapy should have a pre-consultation with an oral hygienist or dental professional to determine the right therapy according to the person’s dental situation. Check here some techniques that are affordable, quick and completely safe.
best teeth whitening kits

Unknown said...

Its a nice information thanks for sharing. If you want to know more about whiter teeth visit. Ferry DENTAL Centre.

Finn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Are the brush on whitening bad for your teeth? I heard they are but I don't see why they would be different than any other kind. This is really interesting, I'm gonna have to try some of these.

http://www.fheiselmandds.com/teeth-whitening.html

Unknown said...

When I was facing Gum problem in my teeth then I have followed teeth whitening tips to clean my teeth and remove gum problems from my teeth.

Unknown said...

Hi,
The blog is very informative and shared easy methods for teeth whitening. I did my teeth whitening in Kitchener from a dentist and it really worked for me.

Unknown said...

I really appreciated with your content and completely agree with you, here also I was visit a company website which is like you Teeth whitening.

Unknown said...

nice artiekl bro i like your post

diy teeth whitening

Unknown said...

Which option is the longest lasting and the most effective for teeth whitening? I've had an in-office bleaching job done, which was fine, but it didn't last for a really long time and my teeth were really sensitive for days. I've been trying to figure out if there are better ways to go about whitening my teeth, but I haven't found another option that I like. Is there an option you would recommend over others? http://www.aloufaesthetics.com

Unknown said...

Nice article, is there any more solutions for teeth whitening and what is the average time of this procedure. best teeth whitening

Unknown said...

There are some home remedies for teeth whitening in Etobicoke you can follow them like brushing everyday,keep mouth clean etc.

Unknown said...

My best friend is getting married next month and I am going to be her maid of honor. I really want to get my teeth whitened since I will be in all of her pictures. The only problem is I have really sensitive teeth. Do you know of any good whitening tricks for people with sensitive teeth?
Mia | http://www.finkandgrimes.com/procedures/cosmetic-dentistry/tooth-whitening-2/

Anonymous said...

Great blog post! I don’t understand how long it will require me to obtain through all of them! The Encinitas Dentist

Unknown said...

The stuff in this blog is in not only incredible but also providing the great knowledge to the people.

Teeth Whitening in St Albert

Unknown said...

Hi there! glad to drop by your page and found these very interesting and informative stuff. Thanks for sharing, keep it up!

Teeth Whitening Bradford

Unknown said...

My teeth aren't terribly yellow, but I would like them to be whiter. I have tried lots of things myself, but nothing lasts. They look good for a little while, but it fades quickly. I would really like to have them professionally whitened. Maybe then they would last!

http://www.soothingdds.com

Unknown said...

Results of proper Teeth whitening treatment in Etobicoke are really effective. Such Solutions can really make your smile beautiful and attractive to others.

Unknown said...

Gleaming white teeth boost confidence by improving appearance. It is true that regular brushing and controlled consumption of tea, coffee, and red wine can help in reducing stains. But if the discolouration increases then instead of trying your luck with over-the-counter products head straight for teeth whitening colorado springs dentists. Your last option will be to get porcelain veneers if the stains don’t budge.